Bicycle Accident – Hit and Run

Hit and Run Accident

What You Should Do if a Car Left the Accident Scene (Hit and Run)

Many Bicycle Accidents involve a hit and run.

If you are involved in a hit and run accident, you should immediately report this accident to the Police.  You may lose all of your rights to recover for the accident if you do not report it to the Police.  If for some reason you don’t report it to the police, and you are injured, you must call an ambulance, and have a report completed even if you do not go in the ambulance to the hospital.  This ambulance (EMS) report can preserve your rights as well.

The next thing that you should do is obtain the name, phone number and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.

You should take photos of the accident scene and you should take photos of all damage at the scene of the accident.

Most of all, you should obtain medical assistance for your injuries.

In Pennsylvania, you can collect benefits for your injuries and medical bills associated with your injuries though the Pennsylvania Assigned Claims Plan, 75 P.S.C.A.§1751 et seq.  Under this Statute, the Commonwealth will provide benefits for your medical bills up to $5,000.00, and for your injuries up to $15,000.00 if there is no other source of benefit for your injuries and you report the accident to a governmental agency.  

It is very important to call the police when you are involved in a hit and run, and to seek medical attention for your injuries. 

Robert Maizel, Esquire

Robert Maizel is an Experienced Trial Attorney in Philadelphia with over fifteen years of trial experience.

You will speak to an attorney about your case!

Saffern & Weinberg has offices located in both Center City Philadelphia and Jenkintown, Pennsylvania.  Attorney Robert Maizel is a Partner with the Law Offices of Saffren & Weinberg.

Robert Maizel is associated with, and is Special Counsel with the Law Firm of Saffren & Weinberg. Robert Maizel is not a Law Firm, and rather Robert Maizel is affiliated with the Law Firm of Saffren & Weinberg.  All clients shall formulate an agreement with the Law Firm of Saffren & Weinberg, with the option of hiring Robert Maizel as lead counsel on your case to be heard in the State Courts of Pennsylvania, and Marc Weinberg as the lead counsel in cases to be heard in the Federal Courts of Pennsylvania.  Mr. Maizel handles all actions in the Administrative Courts of Pennsylvania including the EEOC and PaHRC.

Call Robert Maizel at 215-695-3000 to schedule your free consultation.

How Can I Help You?